Sunday, January 29, 2012

Human size

After only writing my blog for a few weeks, I have found out something about myself: I think houses can be too big. 


I have been devouring interior design magazines as long as I can remember, including the ones about huge houses, designed by famous architects and furnished by great interior designers. But while I look at the pictures of those beautiful houses, I can't imagine living in them. When I look at a living room of a 100 square meters (the size of my whole house!) I already feel lost just looking at it.
The interior may be balanced, the floor plan may be logical, but somehow to me it still feels like a showroom.


I have found out I really like the "human size" in an interior. Like this loft for instance where ceramics designer Anne Black lives with her family.








                                                                                                                                         Source: Bo Bedre Norway
                                                                                                                                   Fotographs: Torben Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment